1. Are you a subscriber? And do you wish to block commercialcan register either in the (a) Fully Blocked category; or in the
(b) Partially Blocked category
3. If you do not to want to get any commercial communication on your
phone either by way of voice or SMS, please register in the Fully Blocked
4. Please register in the Partially Blocked category, if you wish to get
commercial communications in the form of SMS in respect of any or all
or some of the following seven subjects:
1. Banking/Insurance/Financial products/Credit cards,
2. Real Estate,
5. Consumer goods and automobiles,
7. Tourism and Leisure.
Please note that in the Partially Blocked category, you will not receive any
commercial communications in the form of voice calls.
5. How to register?
6. Once you have registered, you should get, subject to the correctness of
your request, a unique registration number by SMS within 24 hours of
registration. Please keep this number carefully as this will serve as a
reference for your registration of preference.
7. Your request for registration on the National Customer Preference
Register will be given effect to in 7 days counted from the date of request
for such registration to the access provider.
8. If you are already registered in the National Do Not Call Registry
(NDNC) you do not have to re-register; your registration will continue
under the 'Fully Blocked' category.
9. You may make a change in your preference at any point of time after
expiry of three months from the date of registration or three months from
the date of last change request. The service provider will confirm the
registration of such a request within 24 hours to you through SMS,
subject to the correctness of request. In case of errors in request, access
provider will advise you to make a fresh request.
10. You may make a request for withdrawal of your registration from
National Customer Preference Register, at any time after expiry of three
months from the date of registration. The service provider will delete your
number from the Provider Customer Preference Register inform you of
the withdrawal of your registration through SMS within 24 hours,
subject to correctness of such request.
11. No amount shall be charged from you for registration or change of
preference or de-registration.
12. In case you receive an unsolicited commercial communication after
expiry of seven days from the date of your registration in the Provider
Customer Preference Register, you may make a complaint to your Access
Provider, through voice call or SMS. The complaint has to be registered
from the telephone number on which the unsolicited commercial
communication has been received. Your complaint should be made
within three days of receipt of the unsolicited commercial
13. In such complaints, please mention the particulars of the telemarketer,
the telephone number from which the unsolicited commercial
communication has originated, the date, time in 24 hrs format and brief
description of such unsolicited commercial communication.
14. The customer complaint registration facility is toll free and telephone
number for the same is 1909. The complaint will be acknowledged with a
unique complaint number provided by access provider immediately.
15. The access provider shall take appropriate action on the complaint and
inform you about its resolution within seven days, subject to the
correctness of the complaint.
16. Detailed procedure to register the preference in National Customer
Preference Register, change in registered preference, de-registration and
registration of complaint is given on website www.nccptrai.gov.in, tab
'Information to customers'.
Monday, February 7, 2011
www.nccptrai.gov.in GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMERS block commercial communications
Posted by Dr. Irfan Mansuri at 11:57 PM